It is advisable to prepare adequately before entering an interview room. Demand for network engineers has been on the rise, with several companies and organizations prioritizing their network systems. In this article, we look at some of the most common interview questions for network engineers.
You can also view the content in blog format at https://www.projectpractical.com/top-25-network-engineer-interview-questions-and-answers/
Below are the 25 questions discussed:
1. Why Are You Interested in This Role?
2. What Are the Roles of a Network Engineer?
3. What Are the Qualities That a Network Engineer Should Have to Be Effective?
4. What Major Challenge Did You Face During Your Last Role? How Did You Manage It?
5. Describe Your Daily Routine as a Network Engineer
6. Describe Briefly About Your Experience
7. What Kind of Strategies and Mindset Is Required for This Role?
8. What Is the Biggest Challenge That You Foresee in This Job?
9. How Do You Stay Motivated at Work?
10. Describe a Time You Failed in This Role and The Lesson You Learnt?
11. How Do You Bridge Data Loss in a Network Design? What Are Some of The Safeguards That You Put in Place to Limit Data Loss?
12. Tell Us About the Largest Size Network You Have Ever Built?
13. What Are Some of The Resources That Have Helped You Stay on Top of Your Game?
14. Do You Have Any Experience Working with Development Teams and Other Stakeholders to Deploy Network Resources?
15. Have You Ever Failed to Get the Expected Performance Out of a Given Network Configuration? Please, Walk Us Through the Troubleshooting Process.
16. How Do You Deal with An OrganizationвЂ™s Changing Needs in Terms of Networks?
17. Please Explain the Design of a Network Topography That You Have Worked on Before
18. Can You Tell Us a General Challenge That Network Engineers Face?
19. What Is the Easiest Way of Handling a Situation Whereby a Network Is Still Not Operational When You Have Tried Everything?
20. Can You Work with a Team After a Series of Independent Projects?
21. How Can You Explain Network Issues to Clients with Zero understanding of Computer Technology?
22. Why Did You Decide to Pursue Network Engineering?
23. What Is a Network Topology?
24. How Do You Determine the Best Path Selection for a Router?
25. What Is a DNS and How Is It Used on The Internet?